Subject: histedit.h
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1996 23:57:24
So, here I am, coming out of the stoneage and turning a nov-24 system
into a feb-3 system. Except, since its a production machine, and I don't
want to just install over a running system and hope for the best, I'm
building /usr/src into /usr/dest using the DESTDIR variable.

(I sometimes think its fun to build a partial system into /usr/dest and then
move my src and obj trees into /usr/dest/usr and then "chroot /usr/dest"
and start working. Fun you say? Yeah well, I'm that way .. I even hacked
the kernel once so that if i specified a special boot option it would
mount /usr and chroot /usr/dest before running "init" .. for new system
test purposes. Major rush.)

Of course, this means mtree'ing and creating subdirs and installing
completely fresh out of /usr/src, and all that, fine. I've done this a
few times before.

Except ..

What happened to /usr/include/histedit.h? I have it on my nov-24 system,
but the source fails to install it because its nowhere to be found in the
source tree at all .. I would assume it to be in /usr/src/include or, though
less likely, in /usr/src/bin/sh .. I can only build sh if I copy it out
of the nov-24-built world ..

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group