Subject: Re: zip drive problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1996 14:17:27
> Aside from the noise message, I had no
> trouble with my zip drive.  (Well, almost.  There's cabling - what
> _possessed_ them to use that bizarre nonstandard pinout, and just _try_
> to find cables to hook it up to a scsi chain that ends with a D"B"-50.

If I remember correctly, it's a DB-25, and you'll find an appropriate adapter
cable at any Macintosh shop (unless, it turns out, you own a Macintosh, in
which case you need a fairly rare DB25-to-DB25 *SCSI* cable; note that a
25-wire serial cable *won't* do).  Or ask any friend with a Macintosh; disks
bought from a Mac place inevitably come with a "free" DB25-to-Centronics-50
cable, but you only need ONE of those per Macintosh...