Subject: Re: Creeping Feature of the week...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1996 05:25:55

> >Do they actually have a bitmapped frame buffer for an 11/750, though?
> >[...or were you really kidding? ]
>
> Well, I was kidding about sparc emulation on the 750.
>
> I think it'd be neat (though costly) to have an OS hook for running
> emulated binaries; presumably, the code for emulating every current
> platform would be around.  The idea would be that, at a ludicrous
> cost in speed, you could at least get *some* use out of,
> say, wordperfect/linux on your Amiga/NetBSD box.  Why not?

Um, because I don't *like* WordImPerfect?

Currently I'm undecided between which I like better: Intergrief or
FrameUnmaker. (Can you tell I'm tired of dealing with word processors
on the school Unix boxes that swap like mad?).

The advantage of Interleaf is that it is more of an environment.
The advantage of Framemaker is 1) runs faster (less swapping) and
2) I have a Framemaker 3 tape that I pulled out of the
destined-to-be-trashed pile here as school. Yep, I'm going to be
the only jerk around running Framemaker on an Amiga! Yeah!

(Now if I only knew how to have frame not look for the license server....
I knew that csc201 class that I am in would come in handy. Everybody
should know m68k assembly, right? I said, *right*?)
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com