Subject: Re: zip drive problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1996 14:55:45
>>> sd2: could not mode sense (4); using fictitious geometry
>>> : 96MB, 96 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sec

>It can't possibly be right; the disk has only two sides, so the real
>head count must be either 1 or 2; it can't possibly be 64.

You are correct in that it is a two-headed device; but everything that
talks to the drive reports it as this geometry .. some SCSI diagnostics
tools for Lose95 that I've tried report this geometry as well.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group