Subject: Re: Creeping Feature of the week...
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/1996 08:29:06
"Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>  wrote:
 > >How stupidly expensive would CPU emulation be, anyway?  I know I've seen
 > >software 8088's on 68000 boxes before, slow though they may be.
 > >I wouldn't figure it'd be a *great* win, but it might be nice occasionally.
 > >Consider; a VAX 11/750 user could run the Sun-sparc Netscape!  :)
 >
 > RISC ports of Windows NT do x86 emulation transparently (to run x86
 > Windows software, obviously), and it works quite well, in my opinion.

Yesterday, Charles was playing with something neat so I grabbed it and
started playing with it.  Picture this:

I ran Mac software on my NetBSD/i386 box in Linux emulation while displaying
the Mac screen to my NetBSD/hp300 box.  'Course, it doesn't run perfectly on
my 8mb '486 but it tries real hard...