Subject: Re: AFS server port to NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/1996 22:42:32
> "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" writes:
> > RPC may be a fact of life in the distibuted computing/distributed
> > object future...
>
> Maybe, but I suspect that the DCE is the distributed computing future
> of the past. DFS certainly has neato features, but maybe someone
> writing a new distributed file system can avoid needing the DCE while
> providing them.

BTW, does anybody know what ever happened to the CMU AFS source code?
It was supposed to have a BSD style copyright on it....
Brian looked all over and didn't find it. Where did it go, any
pointers would be most helpful in helping Brian get a bit of a
starting point on the stuff he hasn't gotten working on yet.

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com