Subject: X11 question
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Grey Wolf <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/1996 15:19:45
Finally, thinks me, I have an X11 that works on my SS1+.  Of course,
thanks to the fact that two disks in parallel don't work (timeouts with
full fifos causing data corruption unless one disk is quiescent), it's
like pulling teeth.

My problem:

I have just added a new font to the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc directory,
and I went in and ran 'mkfontdir', and now the X server can't find the
"fixed" font.

FOR THE CLUE-IMPAIRED, *BEFORE* YOU OFFER ADVICE:

        - "xset" is NOT going to work because I can't even get the server
          started.

        - Starting up using "X -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/ :0"
          didn't work -- I keep getting

	failed to set default font path '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	Fatal server error:
	could not open default font 'fixed'

Now, if you have something useful to offer me (it looks suspiciously as
though SOMETHING is out of date here), please advise me, and quickly,
as I need to get X up and running.

And if anyone has the answer to the dual-disk SCSI woes I posted about a
week ago, please let me know.  This didn't happen on NetBSD 1.1 (release)
on an SS2.  It'd be nice to have a STABLE box.

				--*greywolf;
--
# On the 'Net:  Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
# to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other