Subject: Re: Recursive grep
To: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1996 14:25:33
According to Don Lewis:

>On Jan 26,  1:52pm, Chief Anarchic Officer wrote:
>} Subject: Re: Recursive grep
>} 'diff -r' is stretching it a bit, history or no, but the -R option
>} is probably there for performance reasons.  (I never use it.)
>
>'diff -r' would be really hard to put together from existing tools.
>I've never run across a version of diff that has a -R option.

Ummm I think it is a SYSVism but there is a thing called dircmp that
does a recursive diff for you.  It will do things like tell you which
files in a directory differ, actually print the diffs for you and a
few other bits and pieces.  Dunno if there is a free version of it...

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.