Subject: Re: Demand dial PPP software found
To: None <khym@bga.com>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1996 18:08:48
> I also got a couple of emails asking where I found "dp"... the latest
> version can be found at ftp://phoenix.acn.purdue.edu/dp/dp-4.0.tar.gz

Once upon a time (back around DP 2.2, when PPP was PPP-1.1 or something), the
code had some "#ifdef 386BSD" snippets in it here and there.

It would be very interesting to revisit this, because DP 4.0 is a really
solid package (I've been using DP now for ... oh, like 5 years or so).

But it depends on SunOS' (and Solaris') STREAMS to work, so it would have to
be ported in some way.  Perhaps someone who straddles both lists and is
cognizant of the issues (Brad Walker, please pick up the white courtesy
telephone ... ) could comment ...

	- Greg