Subject: Re: df and union mounts
To: None <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1996 11:05:22
> It might make sense to add the source and target filesystem stats together
> if they are different filesystems, _maybe_, but not if they are the same
> filesystem or one is read-only (which I suspect would cover the majority of
> union mounts).

It seems to me like we should be as honest as possible about it:  For
the "avail" category, report the number of available blocks on the
read/write filesystem, for "used," report the number of blocks used on
both, and for "blocks," add them together.  This should of course be
modified if, as you say, the source and target filesystems are the
same.

IMHO, of course.

					Chris

--
***********************cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu*********************
* Chris  | "You can't say that Microsoft hasn't ever put the buggy       *