Subject: ccd/fsck problem
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1996 21:50:21
Dear All,

I wanted to join two disks as one.  I created e partitions on the disks
with everything else but the first cylinder of the disks.  The disks
are not identical, but I took this into account.  The joined disk is ccd0.

I then formatted /dev/ccd0d (do I have to create a partition table for
the ccd0 disk?  This is on i386 and I want to use the whole space as one
partition).

Now I get

toor@news /a # ccdconfig -g
ccd0            32      0       /dev/sd0e /dev/sd1e
toor@news /a # fsck /dev/rccd0d
** /dev/rccd0d
cannot alloc 4411394 bytes for lncntp

Maybe I should have created the partition table (disklabel) for the joined
disk?

Another quick one: Does the swap partition _always_ have to be at least
twice the size of physical RAM?  The operator has created a 96 MB swap,
but the machine has 64 MB of phys. RAM and I'm wondering....

Thanks,

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---