Subject: CVS
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1996 12:36:33
I know this isn't a NetBSD specific question, but I'm looking for a magic
CVS command that will update my machine automatically.

What I've been doing is supping (usually every day or so) into a directory,
say /local/netbsd, the source, doc, security, and othersrc collections.
I then run ``cvs import'' in this, using the date as a release tag.  This
allows me to do diffs between daily revisions as well as between files
I modify locally (in a checked-out tree) and what's in the main tree.

The problem is, when I do a ``cvs update -d'' it creates new files and
directories just fine (the -d flag allows directories to be created, of
course) but old files and directories are not removed.  I can do a checkout
of a specific date, but that causes annoying problems from time to time,
since some things seem to break with sticky tags.

I've tried a whole slew or non-tagged checkout commands, but none seem
to do what I want -- that is, mirror the code.

Suggestions welcome.  :)

--Michael