Subject: Re: where is limfree defined?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1996 12:01:05
> The big problem with the xargs approach is that the command can't
> also read from stdin

Well, this is a basic problem with the pipeline paradigm.  There is no
reason xargs' list of names has to be read from stdin; given
appropriate pipe syntax in the shell (and the appropriate flag for
xargs), one could do something like

find ... |[3] xargs -listfd 3 ...

> -- which is a good argument for "find -xargs" (like find -exec but
> able to combine arguments.)

Drat, you beat me to it.  I was thinking of that, and if you hadn't
mentioned it I would have suggested it today.

And I will add it to my find, probably in the next day or two.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu