Subject: Re: AFS server port to NetBSD
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1996 08:56:13

> So, a friend and I started talking seriously about doing an AFS server port
> to NetBSD.  We sat down and stared at the code for a while.

There is a guy working on a free replacement to the AFS server.
What he is doing is reading books and public header files in
his quest for a free AFS server.

He actually (this guy is *really* good!) has a working (I think
it's this program) volume location server. Or maybe volume
server, I'm not very clear on the details. But he does have
part of it working.

If you want to give him tips on how to do it, and he can still
give away his code, email bpreece@eos.ncsu.edu, Brian Reece
is his name. He's amazing. I'm trying to get him interested
in doing a NetBSD port, perhaps an 88k MVME port or something.
Right now he's a Linux guy, but he's not religious about it.

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com