Subject: Re: Recursive grep (where is limfree defined?)
To: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
From: 51482) <etorwi@etn.ericsson.se (Raymond A. Wiker>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 08:43:11
Jeff Thieleke writes:
 > You might be interested in another part of the patch I posted.
 >
 > GREP(1)                                                   GREP(1)
 >        .
 >        .
 >        .
 >        -a     Don't search in binary files.
 >

 > Perhaps you should read through the patch and actually try it out before
 > making any knee jerk reactions.

	Interesting... What heuristic do you use to tell if a file is
binary? This is actually a bit harder than one might think...

	Roland McGrath made a point earlier that, rather than using
a "recurse" option to grep, one should use a shell that allows
recursive glob patterns. That sounds sensible...

	//Raymond.