Subject: Re: Sup failure again...
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1996 17:28:49
   Michael L. VanLoon wrote:

> Finally, if it matters, I also would like to plead that the src
> distribution be split into smaller separate distributions.  Although I
> didn't have any trouble with it this time, I have, occasionally, in
> the past.

I have added split releases in addition to the existing ones,
following somebody's previous recommendation, see
~ftp/pub/NetBSD/sup/cfg-files/normal/README.releases
for information.

I believe "skarven" also does the same.
In addition you can also use the daily patches available
from here and other places.
Cheerio

PS I think it is sufficient if some/most/all of the mirrors add
   split pieces without adding load to sup.netbsd.org
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"