Subject: Re: Pain about disklabel...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1996 03:03:52
Possibly related question:

To bootstrap NetBSD-DraCo-port, I have to crosscompile on NetBSD-Amiga
(actually, the DraCo will just be some strange kind of Amiga, with most
of the code shared). I wanted to bootstrap a disk image by

dd if=/dev/zero of=rootfs.image bs=1M count=2
vnconfig -c /dev/vnd0c rootfs.image
newfs /dev/vnd0c

to write a kernel to (the only bootloader I have which works on the
DraCo insists to read the kernel from a NetBSD ffs partition), but
newfs insisted to get a disk with a disk label.

I finally took an unused disk partition, made a 2 MB partition inside
it, newfs'd it from NetBSD, dd'd that image to rootfs.image and deleted
the partition (which I afterwards made my sup tree). Am I missing
something, or is there really no other way to bootstrap a partition
image?

	Ignatios Souvatzis