Subject: NCR Controller Problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1996 19:53:25
Well, I pulled the latest ncr.c out of current and munged it
appropriately for my 1.0 system (just changing a few names, really).
My 1.2GB HP disk (an HP C3724S, 5400 rpm), which works just fine
on my machine running DOS, still won't talk. I get `command aborted'
from the NCR controller and then `device not configured' whenever
I try to access it.

Are the developers of this driver still actively working on it?
What can I do to help debug and fix this problem? Or should I just
ditch the card and go buy a Buslogic instead?

Also, where does the NCR driver in NetBSD-current stand in relation
to the FreeBSD version? (I tried to grab the latest one from
ftp.freebsd.org, but that site is down tonight.)

I'd appreciate if any replies could be cc'd to me, since I'm not
on the current-users mailing list.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.