Subject: Re: Network link to ftp.NetBSD.ORG
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1996 16:52:25
On Mon, 15 Jan 96 11:31:49 PST
 greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com (James Graham - Systems Anarchist) wrote:

 > Does anyone have a sup file suitable for referencing a mirror site
 > such as ftp.iastate.edu or wherever else is running a SUP mirror?
 > I'm getting kind of tired of my transfers blowing up in the middle of
 > src and ksrc-common.  It's getting old, folks -- my SUP hasn't worked
 > right for the last four weeks, and always at the same place with the
 > same error.

Which file?  What error?  Does it appear to be network-related?

Have you tried pinning down which hop it's losing at?  Once you find it,
send e-mail to that provider and let them know that there's a problem.
If enough people bug them about it, they're more likely to care.

I just tried some files I had trouble with before, and they're ok between
ftp.netbsd.org and:

	my apartment (which is connected by the Bay Area provider TLG)
	my office (at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View)
	MIT
	CMU
	Oregon State University (via NWNet)
	Oregon State University (via RGNet)

There's not a lot *we* can do unless we know where the problem actually
is.