Subject: Re: Network link to ftp.NetBSD.ORG
To: None <ccsanady@friley14.res.iastate.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/1996 09:38:49

>>  I have confirmed that the link is indeed working better
>> ... several files which used to fail now work fine for me. If you
>> have had problems with sup and/or ftp in the past, please try again
>> and let us know how it works for you.

Chris> unfortunately, things are not working better for me..  i still
Chris> get the same errors every time i ping.  is it possible your
Chris> connection just seemed ok?  once i could not detect anything
Chris> wrong unless i let ping sit for a long time.  it would give an
Chris> error every hundered or so packets...  :( oh well..

How about doing a traceroute, and then ping each node on the way with
the problematic pattern?  Ought to show up where the problem is...

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist       Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 95
Applitron Datasystem   Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 96
Molndalsvagen 95       Email: niklas@appli.se     GSM:  +46-(0)70-714 10 35
S-412 63  GOTEBORG     WWW:   Here
Sweden		       IRC:   niklas (#NetBSD)    ICB:  niklas (netbsd)