Subject: Re: kernel & libkvm [was IIci success]
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1996 15:38:34
Michael Graff wrote:

> Why not?  Having a /dev which configures itself sounds like a handy
> feature to me.

Sure, as long as /dev doesn't turn into a symlink hellhole. If /dev was
just a symlink to /kern/dev, that would work fine but would mean /kern
would have to be mounted at boot time, which then begs the question
"what happens if the root filesystem doesn't have a dev entry?". I
suppose this can be deal with, though. I'm all for a fully automatic
device node directory as long as this stuff can be resolved reasonably.