Subject: Re: ccd on ide drives
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1996 09:30:45
hasn't Mike Long said ? ...

> >Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 20:53:37 -0800
> >From: "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
>
> >But, IDE still uses programmed-I/O (busy loops), tying up the
> >processor for all I/O (unless there have been enhancements for
> >EIDE/ATAPI that I don't know about).
>
> The EIDE spec has optional DMA support.  I don't know how many
> drives & controllers, if any, support it.

the linux people use it on the triton chipset for their ide driver

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de