Subject: Re: ccd on ide drives
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1996 12:04:23
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:
> Kinda defeats the whole purpose of ccd since IDE doesn't allow for
> simultaneous transactions on independent drives.  (I. e. IDE makes the
> transactions serialized, just like not using ccd.)  SCSI allows each
> drive to operate independently and simultaneosly of the other
> drive(s).

I tried it on a pair of IDE drives (older Quantum LPS240ATs) and got
good results.  I don't have any benchmark numbers, but file copy times
on that drive were improved by maybe 30-40%.

I guess it's possible I optimized something in setting them up...

--
Dave Cornejo                                             Dogwood Media
                                                   Fremont, California