Subject: Re: Mosaic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hopper <bard@tiamat.chaldea.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 12:49:16
> > I tried to build Mosaic using lesstif v0.33. Mosaic came up but died
> > when clicking on various buttons. I suspect I may not have the latest
> > version of lesstif. Anyone know what the latest version is and where
> > to get it?
>
> I also tried building Mosaic (V2.7b2) with LessTif (V0.33) lately (on Solaris
> 2.4, if that matters), and though it compiled fine for me, i got lots of
> runtime warning and a couple of core dumps. :(

I have a Mosaic 2.7b2 / LessTif 0.33 NetBSD-Amiga native binary compiled, but with
the same behavior you've mentioned :(  I was able to surf a bit, maybe five minutes,
before stdio armageddon.  The buttons are misshapen, and child windows aren't
dismissable, among other things.

> I tried this after i read in the LessTif-WWW-pages that they use Mosaic as one
> of the test-apps for LessTif. So, do they just go into *compiling* without
> errors, or did i try the wrong Mosaic-version?

Well, a successful compile is half the battle, no?  And for something as big
as Mosaic to compile cleanly without Motif, that's news.

David Hopper (bard@tiamat.chaldea.com)
Anthropology Department, Stanford University
Senior Technical Consultant, Technical Support Group @ Microsoft Corp.
NetBSD 1.1 (tiamat.chaldea.com) : NEXTSTEP 3.3 (marduk.chaldea.com)