Subject: Re: simple example for amd?
To: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 13:32:56
Hello!

> So, how about:
>
> usr/local	opts:=rw;type:=nfs;rhost:=gabriella;rfs:=/usr/local
>
> Then run "amd /usr/local /your/map/name -type:=direct".
>
> One word of warning, however.  In NetBSD 1.0, I couldn't get direct
> mount points to work for some reason.  I don't know if this has been
> fixed or not.
>
> If not, make /usr/local a real symbolic link into an automount
> filesystem.

I have the same "problem" like above, I want to mount direct with amd
on /usr/src - but with NetBSD 1.1 on HP300 port it did not work.
Haven't tried it on my Amiga NetBSD current machine (cause it is the
server in this case) - but I doubt that the problem is fixed in current
yet.
/usr/src gets 777 protected, and if you make `cd /usr/src ; ls` you
get a stale nfs handle :( Dunno what the problem is, but I was only
able to do the otomount with the link trick, which is not very nice.

So is there anyone that was able to mount -type:=direct with amd?

Greets
      Thorsten
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //