Subject: Re: PRs (was gcc 2.7.2 in NetBSD-current)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 18:12:08
> I feel that way a bit myself sometimes.  I even grumble about it once
> in a long while.  Heck, of the 21 PRs I've generated, only three have
> been closed, and two others are "analyzed"; the rest are wide open.  At
> least according to my records; maybe I should check with query-pr.
> (Heh.  Perhaps I should ask for cvs access, and fix 'em myself. :-)

I was thinking the same...  I just had a look at my PR's and
10 are closed (of which about half were actually incorporated in some
way).   Of the rest, 22 are open, and 3 are analyzed (which basically
equates to - in the too-hard basket)

Some of them are really simple, trivial things like using
CFLAGS='${CFLAGS}' so that funy chars like () in kernel options don't
blow up kernel builds.

I'm sure that at least some of those 22 pr's must have been resolved -
I'll have to check them against 1.1 when I can.

I'm sure that everyone working on NetBSD finds it as hard as I do to
scrounge time to do it... perhaps we do need to farm out the work some
more.

--sjg