Subject: lesstif-0.33
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1996 11:25:25
I've retrieved and built lesstif-0.33 from hungry.com a while ago.  Although
I haven't tried it in many applications, some of the test programs included
in the distribution don't work properly and one caused my X server to stop
responding to input (it changed the mouse cursor to a '?').  One of the
other problems deals with creating an empty list, and that's already documented.

The rest deal with geometry management of buttons, probably due to the forms
widget.  When I tried to recompile xscreensaver with MOTIF support, the demo
mode just came up with a blank screen (except for the cursor, which brought
up the root menu on a small part of the screen).  Often I will get error
messages on the terminal that say something like 'geometry management failed
after xxx iterations'.

Has anybody gotten the lesstif forms to work properly?  If so, what changes
need to be made to the sources or makefiles?  I'm running on an i386,
-current as of Dec 24, with XFree86 3.1.2.
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown