Subject: Re: panic: dup alloc
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@xenotropic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1996 09:06:30
In message <199601032257.RAA00527@jfwhome.funhouse.com>, "John F. Woods" writes
:
>I've gotten some dup alloc crashes recently, all (I think) on my news partitio
>(1.2GB, 835MB used, 225486 files).  I just changed maxcontig from 8 to 1,
>since I think I've had problems with that in the past, however, has anyone
>else been seeing dup alloc crashes?  I'm running a -current that was built
>a couple of days before the formal 1.1 release, I believe after the last
>change went in (hence it ought to be equivalent to 1.1).

I had this same problem, repeated crashes on the News partition.  Fsck'ing
the things (I have 2 partitions) never helped.  Jason Thorpe suggested that
I try adding the "sync" option to mount those partitions.  My box hasn't
crashed since.

Jeremy C. McDermond					mcdermj@xenotropic.com
Xenotropic Imaging Systems