Subject: Re: xntpd
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@hedgehog.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1996 11:33:35
>Agreed.  So, for packages, if I'm going to provide them (and be allowed
>to provide them), they're going to be /usr/local.  :>

>Just a little reminder, there are -no- files (i.e. "find . -type f") in
>my /usr/local/{bin,etc,lib,man} trees, but instead, symlinks back to
>/usr/local/install/<app>/{bin,etc,lib,man}.

Um, why put that restriction in there?  The symlinks could be
installed just about anywhere.

I *really* like the idea of a /usr/pkgs/foo structure with symlinks.
That way if you remove a package it is a directory and anything
symlinked to it.  And it allows one directory to be sup'd or nfs
mounted and packages installed as desired.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!