Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of isa
To: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 17:19:03
> > That's not possible with substantially rewriting some of the drivers,
> > though.  the current ntion of "machine-independent" ISA drivers is
> > complete crap.  the drivers in dev/isa are drivers that _could be_
> > made MI, really.
>
> Are you planning to do any design work on this? You _have_ to be the best
> person to do it. And with all your spare time... 8-).

Yes, i am.  In fact, I've already done some, but a fair bit of it
needs to be rethought.

the problem is, i can think of few things that i'm not "supposed to"
work on that have a lower priority...  So, most likely, i'll do most
of the work on it when i have something that i'm supposed to do but
don't want to...  (that's one of the reasons i did the latest rev of
the alpha TC code...  8-)

chris