Subject: Re: xntpd
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 19:25:21
On Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:04:17 -0500  der Mouse wrote:

> > Now, as to why no one is contributing packages?  I don't know.  I
> > have some suspicions though:
>
> > a) BETSI certificates, while probably a good idea, provided that
> >    little bit of extra non-incentive because [...]
>
> Personally, anything requiring a BETSI certificate is completely out of
> the question.

John Kohl (I think it was John?) accepted a package from downunder
with a md5 signature for verification.  No BETSI as der Mouse notes.

Another reason that the packages are not being provided may well be
that they're not being used.  At least, I've received zero requests to
update the one I made.

Regards,

Giles