Subject: Re: sup hasn't completed for me in about a month...
To: None <explorer@flame.org, roskens@cs.umn.edu>
From: Arne H. Juul <arnej@pvv.unit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 01:52:56
 > >You could try ftp.iastate.edu. They might be have a clean -current.
 >
 > Nope.  I've not supped in at least the same amount of time, and I
 > suspect what is there may be imcomplete.  ftp.iastate.edu is suffering
 > from a lack of disk space as well.

skarven.itea.unit.no is up-to-date as of Jan 2, 1996.
The link from here to the states is pretty good at the moment, so
you could sup from there too if you want to.  Please use the
"subpackages" if you can, though.

  -  Arne H. J.

[from my earlier announce:]

This supfile should cover the full collection:

current-mirror release=allsrc   host=skarven.itea.unit.no use-rel-suffix delete  old base=/export/netbsd prefix=/ex
port/netbsd hostbase=/supmirror
current-mirror release=doc      host=skarven.itea.unit.no use-rel-suffix delete  old base=/export/netbsd prefix=/ex
port/netbsd hostbase=/supmirror
current-mirror release=othersrc host=skarven.itea.unit.no use-rel-suffix delete  old base=/export/netbsd prefix=/ex
port/netbsd hostbase=/supmirror

(replace /export/netbsd with your local prefix, probably /usr).

In addition you can use any sub-collection as from sup.netbsd.org
and the additional subsets binsrc, libexec, libsrc, sbinsrc, sharesrc,
usrbinsrc, usrsbinsrc, and miscsrc.  This means you can
get all the subdirectories from /usr/src split up:

bin     - binsrc
games   - games
gnu     - gnu
include - include
lib     - libsrc
libexec - libexec
sbin    - sbinsrc
share   - sharesrc
sys     - ksrc
usr.bin - usrbinsrc
usr.sbin - usrsbinsrc

Makefile +
distrib +
etc +
regress - miscsrc

This may be of help to those having a bad link or other such problems.