Subject: Re: xntpd
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1996 02:16:18
>I'd personally like to see xntp in the NetBSD source tree.  The sparc
>and pmax ports, for instance have lower latency and/or higher
>resolution gettimeofday() code than, say, SunOS or Ultrix; but last
>time I looked, the NetBSD kernel didn't have the adjtime() support
>that ntp used to prefer.
>
>Are there any copyright/license problems with incorporating xntp into
>the  NetBSD source tree?

This would be a good thing, I think.  However, there are issues with
putting lots of other programs into the tree.  I mean, I think CVS and
SUP should be there as well, since those are used by quite a few
people who run NetBSD.  :)

However, xntp, sup, and cvs would also make good packages us we had
good package installation tools.  :)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!