Subject: Re: Pathalias? UUCP sendmail config Q's.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/1996 23:25:34
In article <9601011659.AA02449@durga.pci.on.ca>,
David Gilbert  <dgilbert@pci.on.ca> wrote:
> 	I'm supposing that I should use pathalias if I regularly have
> half a dozen or so uucp connections.  However, I used to use a number
> of simple rules in a file to control basic routing behaviour of my
> Amiga's sendmail.
>
> 	What are people using -current and UUCP generally doing with
> their sendmail config?

You probably want to use the mailertable feature of Sendmail 8 to do
this. Set up the SMARTERHOST to be your connection to the outside world,
and list other hosts behind yours in the mailertable. NetBSD sendmail is
pure sendmail 8 (currently 8.6.12 I think... needs to be updated to
8.7.3 eventually), so it's a generic sendmail issue you could ask about
on comp.mail.sendmail if you can't figure it out from the (somewhat
confusing) sendmail documentation.