Subject: Re: Config uucp?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/1995 14:45:42
>Date: Wed, 27 Dec 95 06:45:34 -0700
>From: "James E. Bernard" <jbernard@othello.Mines.EDU>
>
>  The config files go in /etc/uucp.
>
>  It's unfortunate that the info documentation is not included with the netbsd
>sources, since it's really essential to building a reasonably robust set of
>config files (the included man pages do not discuss configuration).  It sounds
>like you probably already have a configuration built elsewhere, but if not,
>get a copy of the original source to Taylor uucp and install the info files.
>Also, be sure to have an info reader (emacs or the standalone info program)
>installed.

I'd like to see info documentation imported for *ALL* of the GNU tools
in the tree.  Info files are mostly straight text, you don't really
need Emacs or the standalone info reader to use them.

As Jordan has pointed out elsewhere, not everyone getting a copy of
the NetBSD source tree may have a 'Net connection, so we can't just
tell them to get the uucp info files off of prep.ai.mit.edu.  In the
case of Taylor UUCP, it can be a nasty chicken-and-egg problem if the
user's only connectivity is via UUCP.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel