Subject: Re: skeleton of src/domestic
To: None <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1995 23:47:04
> Also is KTH/Norway 'ftp.kth.se which is in sweden'
> or do they share their stuff?

I think I can answer to some of this, as I am fairly certain that
my paws have been over the KerberosIV code which was imported
into the domestic tree.  What I did was that I started with the
KTH distribution from ftp.kth.se, threw out the non-core
applications and reorganized it with new Makefiles and a choice
of BSD or GNU autoconf-generated Makefiles.  The modified version
of "Kerberos core" is sitting somewhere on ftp.unit.no, probably
somewhere in the pub/NetBSD tree if I remember correctly (can't
tell right now, I'm offline).

BTW, one important feature of the KTH version of KerberosIV is
that they have fixed the byte-order bugs in the code, so that
e.g. the NetBSD/Sparc version interoperates with the NetBSD/i386
version (no, I've not tried the NetBSD/Alpha version ...).  This
seems not to be the case with the other versions of eBones
floating around (I tried with the FreeBSD code but couldn't get
it to work for me between machines of different endianness).

I know some changes have crept into the KTH version since I took
the snapshot I started from, I've not had time to look at them
yet.

I've written a short note to Ty Sarna to investigate the
availability of the changes that are currently going into the
domestic source tree, we'll see how that turns out.  I have been
toying with the idea of coordinating a non-US version of the
"domestic" source tree, and it would of course be nice if the two
trees didn't diverge too much from each other.

- H=E5vard

PS. Merry Christmas to you all!