Subject: Garbage Survey
To: None <banshee@gabriella.resort.com, bhersey@mnsinc.com, current-users@NetBSD.ORG,>
From: Paul Shupak <paul@plectere.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1995 00:15:16
	To whom it may concern,

	I apologize for stupidly and automatically bouncing any junk mail
back to it sender.  Clearly I should have checked and noticed that it was
sent to/from a mailing list and a reply would go to that list ( and I should
have known this would cause many people to get upset ).

	However, I am not the person responsible for this trash mail.
Best I can tell, it originated with or for "bhersey@mnsinc.com".  Please
send any further complaints to someone else.

>> From mathison@sara.cpb.org Fri Dec 22 23:12:15 1995
>>
>> Why did I get this questionaire twice? I didn't apprieciate it the
>> first time.

	Sorry, as I said I (used to) "automatically" bounce junk mail
to dissuade people from sending it to me (It has been stopped).

>> From dmarcher@sync.cs.buffalo.edu Fri Dec 22 19:12:14 1995
>>
>> If I see this message one more time, I am going to start
>> contacting the postmasters, administrative contacts, and
>> provider contacts (especially in the case of plectere.com)
>> of the people responsible for sending this.
>>
>> I suggest you start sending out cancels to the appropriate
>> newsgroups and apologies to the mailing lists.
>>
>> Dave

	I suggest that you are having a very bad day and would not be
quite so righteous under normal circumstances.  As I said above, I merely
"replied" to the obnoxious mail in question.  Please direct your anger
toward whomever was responsible for originating the message. ( You may note
that the original Subject: was "A Polite Data Appeal (16k)" and my reply,
of course, had "Subject: Re: A Polite Data Appeal (16k)" ).

>> From banshee@gabriella.resort.com Fri Dec 22 19:12:14 1995
>>
>> Make this into a WWW forms page.  Email for surveys is SO late 80s.

	A good suggestion for someone ( just not for me ).

>> From ir004656@interramp.com Fri Dec 22 23:12:15 1995
>>
>> I'm not paying for Internet access so that you can send huge junk mailings to
>> me.  Calling it "A Polite Appeal" does not _make_ it so. Your message was
>> off topic and an abuse of the 'net.  Please immeadiately remove all list groups
>> (and no, I'm not going to tell you which ones I saw it on) from further
>> distribution.
>>

>> ---
>> Mike South                       ir004656@interramp.com
>> Santa Clara, CA, USA

	Mike, I agree with you completely and I sorry about my irresponsible
automatic reply.  This is the only one of many email's sent to me that is
even close to what I would consider an appropriate response.  I do ask that
you yourself be more careful in the future and examine the mail headers a
little more closely before assigning blame.

	And to everyone of you who sent email that should not be reprinted
in polite society or tried to complain to the Postmaster ( sorry, I'm the
responsible party for this and several other sites ),  please take two deep
breaths before flaming the next person who upsets your sensiblilties.

	Paul Shupak