Subject: Re: Updating /etc...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/1995 11:53:33
   >Well, I hate to say it, but my init.d is bigger than your init.d.
   >:')   Can you tell me what the difference between netside and network
   >is?   How about sysetup?   usr?   announce?   What does autoconfig do?

   Fine.  Can you tell me, without looking, what $T is set to, and why?

it's set to the temporary version of the motd.  /tmp/motd or something.
it's used to put the right "version" string in the motd.

   Or whether httpd is started in netstart, rc, or rc.local?

rc.local for me  :-)

   Before you lkk, of course it's incoherent...

no, not to me it isn't.  (and neither is init.d style).

   I noticed a "mount /var" in /etc/rc.  This seems bad - why should
   /var be a file system?  Or maybe that's just my site - I can't
   tell whether it's distribution or my local site.

actually, i find having a _large_ /var is very important and
cool.

.mrg.