Subject: Re: shutdown/wall messages
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1995 11:05:49
Chris G Demetriou writes:
> uh, except, where would the script be invoked, in the current scheme?
>
> do you have it wrap shutdown?  if so, how do you get periodic
> warnings to clients (did sun implement that?  i forget), or (if not)
> how do you get the right-before-shutdown warning?

You can happily replace shutdown with a small script that sleeps and
rwalls or what have you. If that seems inelegant, one can just edit
the shutdown sources -- after all, thats why we ship 'em...

> tell them that they're running their machines improperly, and i don't
> think it should be impossible to do w/o modifying sources...)

Well, then perhaps someone who really wants the behavior will submit
patches that let you do it optionally...

.pm