Subject: Re: rsh problems still
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1995 06:49:15
>>> I've solved the problem. I have multiple ethernet cards in a few of
>>> my machines and I had to assign each interface a unique hostname.
>> You had to?  I would have thought that mapping each IP-address to
>> the same host name would have sufficed.
> I would have thought so also, [...]

It probably would have worked...if you'd been using DNS and thus had
been able to map the hostname to more than one IP address.  Your sample
looks like host-file records, not DNS entries.  One major problem with
hosts files is that they provide no way to accurately represent a name
that has multiple addresses.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu