Subject: Re: startup files (was Re: Updating /etc... )
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1995 07:04:32
> That would allow those of the dyed-in-the-wool BSD faith to just nuke
> any blasphemous directory stuff and use an rc+rc.local (hi mouse 8^)

Hi gwr :-)  Hmpf.  Not one comment on my Eminently Sensible Remarks.
(The ones about how init really does three jobs and should perhaps be
split up...and doing away with init as a program with any intelligence
wired into it, replacing it with a shell script that lets people do
whatever they please.  Including a single /etc/rc, including
/etc/init.d, whatever.)

(No, I'm not really feeling sulky.  Just putting on a show. :-)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu