Subject: Re: Thoughts on getting rid of obj links
To: None <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1995 16:10:00
>>>>> "Gary" == Gary D Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net> writes:

Gary> =>Besides that: How many union mounts must one then have?  Isn't
Gary> there =>an upper limit to mounted filesystems somewhere?  Or is
Gary> that just FFS =>mounts?

Gary>    I don't know about that, but I imagine you would only need
Gary> one union per architecture. Just do a union -b mount of the src
Gary> directory on various arch directories.

Huh?  Wasn't one of the things we wanted to have a multitude of
obj-dirs on a single machine for the same arch, all of which should
exist and be compileable in concurrently.  Different people using
different compile tools and different options concurrently.  Not hard
to imagine.  I find it strange to build from the source tree, it's
really backwards...  I also find it strange that the source tree have
the links to the obj-trees, it should be the opposite.  When I say
links I don't mean FS links specifically but rather as a general term.
I think FSF does this much better, but then that's prolly a bad
opinion in this forum :-)

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist       Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 95
Applitron Datasystem   Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 96
Molndalsvagen 95       Email: niklas@appli.se     GSM:  +46-(0)70-714 10 35
S-412 63  GOTEBORG     WWW:   Here
Sweden		       IRC:   niklas (#NetBSD)    ICB:  niklas (netbsd)