Subject: Re: C Language Standard(s)
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1995 14:17:58
                              For example, shortly before 1.1 a batch of
   kernel prototypes were added.  If you're advicating that we use
   prototype syntax for both function declarations and definitions, the
   above reason should explain why we don't want to do that.

except where the arguments are smaller than size than an int,
i would hope.  i don't want thing being promoted to int's.

i use this:

void
#ifdef __STDC__
foo(char bar, short baz)
#else
foo(bar, gaz);
	char bar;
	short baz;
#endif
{
}

in my own code where there are char and short (and the like)
arguments.  i used ``old-style'' (which i prefer anyway  :-)
everywhere else.