Subject: Re: section 9 man pages
To: perry@piermont.com, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1995 17:55:09
As I said, the longer name *really* doesn't make all that much
difference.  When you're reading the manual page on line, all that
matters is that it's section 9.  On paper, that's another matter.
Anyone tried making a hard copy with the longer names?

In short, this seems much ado over nothing.  Why not give it the
name the votes were going for?

#define AUTHOR "perry@piermont.com ("Perry E. Metzger")"

/*
 *
 * Jason Thorpe writes:
 * > Well, then you might consider a shorter name.  I'm not sure how we can
 * > really avoid the long manpage names if that's really the name of the
 * > function :-)
 *
 * Sigh. I've committed the change -- the name is now "NetBSD Kernel Manual",
 * though that isn't what I would have liked. (The votes were going for
 * "Kernel Internals Manual" followed by "Kernel Reference Manual".)
 *
 * Perry
 *
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "perry@piermont.com ("Perry E. Metzger")" */

				--*greywolf;
--
Assignment:  Think about and expound upon the possibilities of these two
questions.  What would the world be like today if