Subject: Re: Thoughts on getting rid of obj links
To: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1995 19:30:18
In Message <9512191704.AA22076@defender.vas.viewlogic.com> ,
   greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com (Missing - presumed fed.) wrote:

=>That's all well and good, but you can't union mount over NFS, which
=>apparently some people must do if they can't afford local disk space
=>(for whatever reason).

   Has anyone given any thought to a fix for this? Presumably, if
you have server access you could do the union on there and export
the union point, but client unions would certainly be good to have.

=>Besides that:  How many union mounts must one then have?  Isn't there
=>an upper limit to mounted filesystems somewhere?  Or is that just FFS
=>mounts?

   I don't know about that, but I imagine you would only need one
union per architecture. Just do a union -b mount of the src
directory on various arch directories.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts