Subject: RE: Anyone got INN running?
To: 'current-users' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1995 09:06:00
I'm not sure what the question is but I'll try to elaborate on the active
list.

INN will not automatically send an active list but must be queried for
the active list.  So your news reader is the one to blame here, it is
apparently requesting the active file each time you start it up.

Several MS-Windows based news readers (WINVN as an example) will either
query the user if they want to get update their active file or you can
just turn off getting the active file each time you start the reader.

jam