Subject: Re: Motif and multiple platforms
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1995 22:41:16
Randy Terbush wrote:

>> Just a thought, but I think the only solution to the problem of Motif
>> on the different hardware platforms is to have a Motif source licence
>> as a resource of the NetBSD project.
>
>I think that we would all be better served to put our back into the
>LessTif project and end this non-sense once and for all.

I agree.  It seems a bit counterproductive to me to semi-officially back
a commercial product as a part or extension of the OS, with all of the
problems that go along with making sure all of the right licenses are
secured by each party, etc., when the effort/money can go to much better
use by backing a freely-available replacement to take care of the problem.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, TX  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519