Subject: Re: 'core@netbsd.org': there are apparently new members...
To: None <explorer@flame.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1995 19:46:20

>> "nothing like a 'public' project whose leaders don't announce
>> additions to the leadership..."

Michael> Or notify mirror mainatiners, or send whatever announcement
Michael> was posted to usenet about new releases to current-users, or
Michael> reply to mail sent to core@netbsd.org...

I'm not commenting on the first or last statement as I have had no
experience in those questions.  However, there is a separate
mailing-list to get if you want announcements, netbsd-announce...
I don't think mail there should be cross-posted to current-users, it
is to high volume anyway... and current-users are not necessarily
interested in NetBSD releases at all..  I mean, I think it's bad
enough getting the release branch during release cycle instead of
current.  A current-user might be interested in releases, but not
*necessarily*!  Just my opinion...

Niklas

PS. actually as we'll see more frequent releases further ahead I think
    there should be a separate sup collection for the release branch.
    I think warped has the resources for this, no?