Subject: Re: is SUP running now, or is my networking broken?
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley14.res.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/1995 20:51:56

>SUP Updating file src/distrib/notes/sun3/upgrade
>SUP Updating file src/distrib/notes/sun3/whatis
>SUP Updating file src/distrib/notes/sun3/xfer
>SUP: Read error on network: Connection reset by peer
>SUP: Premature EOF on network input
>SUP: Network write timed out
>SUP: Error receiving file from file server
>SUP: Upgrade of current-src aborted at Dec 14 00:45:50 1995
>SUP: Network write timed out
>SUP: Aborted
>
>is the latest one.  my sup file says:
>
>current release=src host=sup.netbsd.org. hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/
orb/q/src use-rel-suffix delete compress

>(hasn't changed for a *long* time).
>

>i don't think it's a network problem cuz i was able to maintain a
>shell to said host the entire time (with the frequent return to
>ensure that the connection was alive).
>
>anyone?

hmm...i have tried again a few times, and still get the same errors every time.
i am using the supfile that was on ftp.netbsd.org, and it has worked for a
long time.

also, sup breaks on those zero-length files in bin/ed/test..  but that is not
as big a deal for now.  i got that dir by hand and have been doing a sup -k
repeatedly, but still have not complete source. :(

anyway, for those who care, here is my supfile..

current release=allsrc host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix
current release=security host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix
current release=doc host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix
current release=othersrc host=sup.NetBSD.ORG hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix

later,
chris