Subject: longjmp broken? or is postgres to blame?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1995 23:42:41
Hi

I have installed postgres95 (version 1.0 with all 14 patches) on my
NetBSD1.1-amiga. The compile went quite well except for some minor
problems.  The problem is when I want to initialize the postgres
database I get the following error message:

(the commands are done by the postgres user)

atze# initdb
WARN:fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed

longjmp botch.
Illegal instruction - core dumped
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up.

Then I do a gdb -c postgres.core and get:

GDB 4.11 (m68k-netbsd), Copyright 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Core was generated by `postgres'.
Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
#0  0x21212b0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

What can I do to get around this problem? I really would like to be
able to run this data base.

Thank you all for your help.

Arthur.

__